Quality engaging videos are still an effective way to get more views and engagement on your YouTube channel in 2020.
A channel that regularly uploads original videos is much more likely to attract subscribers and advertisers.
Whether you’re a new YouTube user or are just unfamiliar with the format in 2020, in How to Upload YouTube Videos in 2020 we’ll lay it out nice and simple for you.
How to Upload YouTube Videos in 2020
So you’ve just finished recording and editing the best video ever and now you want the world to see it. To Upload YouTube Videos in 2020, first you start with the basics.
#1 Sign in to your YouTube studio
#2 In the top right hand corner click the icon of the video recorder: “create”
#3 Upload a saved video from your device, or start a live video
The video has reached the YouTube. Now we’ll take you through the steps to make sure your brand-new video has the flourishes it needs before you publish.
Step 1: Add basic Information
Add basic info. These are the small important details like…
- Title (required)
- Description: the information that shows below your video
- Thumbnail: the little image that shows up on the YouTube search page and which people will click on to see your video
- Playlist: you can add your new video to one of your existing playlists or make a brand new one
- Audience: is this video made for kids? You’re required to tell YouTube to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Step 2: Add advanced settings
To get to your advanced settings select “more options” at the bottom of the details page.
- Paid promotion: you are required to let YouTube and your viewers know if your video contains a paid promotion
- Tags: not required, but they can be a nice way to target your niche
- Language, subtitles and closed captions: here you can upload subtitles and closed captions
- Recording date and location: add these if you so choose
- License and distribution: choose the type of copyright license you want to use and indicate if you want to send a notification to your subscribers
- Category: choose which category your video falls under
- Comments and ratings: choose what viewers can see and whether they can comment
Step 3: Choose how you want to monetize
This part of the process only applies to those who have qualified for the YouTube Partner Program. To do this you’ll need 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months and more than 1,000 youtube subscribers.
Step 4: Add video elements
Video elements are card and end screens.
Add an end screen if you want to add visual elements at the end of your video. You can draw viewer’s attention to related videos, websites, and calls to actions.
Cards are interactive content that can be added to your video that appear on both desktop and mobile.
Preview and publish
You’re almost there! The only thing left is to preview and publish.
Watch your video all the way through to make sure you’ve made all the edits and add-ons you wanted.
Select publish, choose your video’s privacy settings, and…you’re done!
Tip: if you want to wait a little bit before your video goes public you can select schedule and then select the desired publication date.